When you are using remanufactured HP 61 / 62 /63 cartridges and your printer gives a message that the cartridge is “protected”, you can Disable the HP cartridge Protected message.
Please follow the instruction below to disable the protected message:
1. Click on the “start” button on your computer, and then click “Devices and Printers”
2. Find your HP printer and double-click it to open the “Settings” page.
3. Click the text for “Estimated Ink Levels” under the heading of “Shopping Resources”. This will open the HP Toolbox window.
4. Click the tab for “Cartridge Protection”
5. Click the radio button next to “Disable HP Cartridge Protection”.
6. Click the “Save Setting” button to save your new setting. Then, close the window.
7. You might need to remove and re-install the cartridge for it to be recognised properly.