TN-221 225 Toner Reset Instruction
The reset gear on the toner cartridge did not properly contact and reset the New Toner Sensor within the printer. The reset gear will operate only once after the toner cartridge is installed and the position of the gear cannot be reset after installation. To reset the Toner Life Display, a manual reset procedure must be performed.
The following steps will need to be performed to manually reset the toner life.
Printer Models: HL-3140CW and HL-3170CDW
1. Open the front cover of the printer to access cartridges
2. With the front cover open, simultaneously press the Secure and Cancel buttons
3. The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display
5. Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset
5. The LCD will read "Accepted" once the reset is complete
Printer Model: MFC-9130CW and MFC-9340CDW
1. Press the Cancel (X) button to show the main menu if an error message appears on the LCD display
2. Press the Fax button to make the numeric keypad visible
3. Locate and the Asterisk (Star) button on the numeric keypad. It is important to remember its location as it will not be lit up later when needed
4. Press the Home button to return to the main menu
5. Open the front cover of the printer to access cartridges
6. With the front cover open, press and hold the unlit Asterisk (Star) button for 5 seconds
7. The reset menu will now appear on the LCD display
8. Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset
9. The LCD will read "Accepted" once the reset is complete
Printer Model: MFC-9330CDW
1. Ensure the printer is switched on
2. Open the printer lid to reveal the toner cartridges
3. Press and hold the Asterisk key(*) for five (5) second (while keeping the lid opened)
4. The LCD should display a new menu.
5. Select the cartridge you wish to reset, K = Black, C = Cyan, M = Magenta, Y = Yellow
6. STD = Standard Capacity Cartridge, HC = High Capacity Cartridge, SHC = Super High Capacity Cartridge.
7. Reset? Will appear on the screen Select “Yes”.
8. Close the printer lid.
**** If the asterisk key (*) doesn't work, try the pound/number sign (#) instead