TN-630 660 Toner Reset Instruction
The reset gear on the toner cartridge did not properly contact and reset the New Toner Sensor within the printer. The reset gear will operate only once after the toner cartridge is installed and the position of the gear cannot be reset after installation. To reset the Toner Life Display, a manual reset procedure must be performed.
The following steps will
need to be performed to manually reset the toner life.
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. The printer screen should read “front cover is open”.
3. Press the “clear” button on the printer’s front panel.
4. Printer will say “Replace Drum?”
5. Here do not press 1 but instead type in “*00″ on the keypad. Star zero zero.
6. The screen will say “Accepted”. Close the door and it will reset the low toner message.
1. Open front door.
2. Turn off printer.
3. While holding down the GO button, turn printer back on.
4. When all four LEDs light up release GO button. All LEDs will turn off.
5. Press the GO button 2 times. The 3 LEDs (toner, drum, paper) will light up solid.
6. Press the GO button 5 times.
7. Paper light will be blinking.
8. At this point the toner end-of-life condition has been reset. Close front door.
*Also, just a reminder, timing is important here so don’t pause between button presses*